Sunday, September 27, 2009

Heaven on Earth:

Guatemala


Today my heart has been burning more than ever with love for these people. They have truly become my own.






I have had the opportunity to spend time amongst them for the past two summers and it is the best thing I have done with my life thus far.



I LOVE GUATEMALA! The cobblestone streets, tanned faces, brown eyes, homemade tortillas, misty greenery, rain downpours, cilantro, giggling kids, and so much more. It is my home away from home. I can't get enough of it.

This picture depicts my favorite memory in Guatemala.
I had just arrived at a Guatemalan Orphanage. I swooped up a young girl in my arms and was amazed at her health condition; she was light, too light. She was malnourished, beaten, bruised, and left for dead. I carefully spun her around and watched in awe as she threw her head back to giggle. I remember being hit with the realization that she was in my care; I was helping her to laugh, to feel loved. I had walked into her life and left her better than I found her. I knew that I could make a difference; no feeling can replace or come close to that of service.
This picture was the first time she smiled.


Since last August I have been aching to be there again and I am so grateful for my upcoming opportunity. Through many prayers and miracles I have been blessed with the upcoming opportunity to help with their first EFY as a Health Counselor. I couldn't be more thrilled! :)


I would like to bare testimony of Heavenly Father's hands in our lives. There have been so many miracles in my life and my experience with this wonderful place has been one of the most impactful. They are my brothers and sisters. And my heart is ALWAYS with them.



Yo Soy Chapin




1 comment:

  1. Lindsey you are so adorable and i just love ya to death! and i miss you a ton, i hope we can hang out sometime! Your pictures are so cute. i hope you are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete