Sunday, September 20, 2009

Oh Remember Remember

I have been contemplating areas in my life I'd like to improve on, and one of them continual optimism. To be able to see the hand of the Lord in every moment of every day.

Today I'd like to focus on my Mom.



While writing this and looking through pictures, It made me sad to realize how few there are of just the two of us, but this defines her. She's the one with the camera. The one silently doing her work, never taking credit, and always thinking of others.

I owe every sense of service I have to her. She has drilled into my mind and soul a sense of propriety, respect for those around me, and a love for laughing.



It is in her arms I think of when I hear the word comfort, even as a 20 year old. She will always be my safe haven, my shoulder to cry on, and the first person I call with good news.
I miss being able to lay on her bed when I come home and discuss life and its happenings. I miss her Gardenia lotion. I miss the twinkle in her eye and her teasing. I miss her ease for making any stranger feel at home. I even miss flopping around in the pool with her at water aerobics. :)




I want her to know that I love her, am proud of her, look up to and admire her, and am proud to be part of her lineage, her daughter.


I love you mommy :)











No comments:

Post a Comment